Thursday 23 May 2013

Storykeep The Wild Swans

Yes, I am working on a SK (HAED story keep) :-D

There is a reason why I put away DCD (Dandelion Clock Dance) and M&A (Merlin and Arthur) to focus on this project.  This will be a gift to my husband who always support me. I want to stitch this to congratulate him on his first step of reaching his scholar dream. 

He will go for his PhD this August and as a result we will move to NJ this autumn. So I decided to quit my job - the job that i love. This is a hard decision for me though. I know that there are many things that we might have to face in the future in such a new land but I will like to face it with him. 

We both grew up with the fairy tales of Hans Anderson and one of our favorite tales back to our childhood is "The Wild Swans" (the tale is about a princess who rescues her eleven brothers from a curse by an evil queen). So I went to HAED website, found this SK and started stitching this.

I really hope that I could finish and hand it to him before we leave to NJ. It would a perfect bookmark for him since he does not like reading books on Ipad like me :D

SK The Wild Swans by Yvonne Gilbert (click here to the chart)
Stitched on 25 count linen, 2 over 1 tent stitch
90 colors ( I change DMC 032 t0 DMC Metallic E5200)
Original painting
Mock-up
My stitching

The difficulties of mine while stitching this SK are the heavy confetti colors and the linen slubs with uneven weave. I have never done tent stitch before and another issue here is...I hardly see the swan at the bottom left...So a bit unhappy and very afraid that if this SK does not turn out right, I might have to find a backup plan for the gift :(


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with it, I'm sure your hubby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that so sweet! Looking great so far. Lucky hubby!
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete