Thursday 16 January 2014

January WIPocalypse

Hi guys

So I've decided I will join WIPocalypse 2014 organized by Measi . I have been watching people join it for several seasons now. The reason why I did join last year is because I am skeptical of committing something done. It's kind of psychological fear that once you said you will have something 'done', you will never get it done (or it's just me!). So I am so scared. Yeah, freaky me. But this year will be totally different. I want to commit a finish and no matter what it takes, I will fight to finish it.

So here it's my finish goal:

Dandelion Clock Dance (DCD) by Joanna Bromley (HAED)
Last year image:


I have about 2 partial pages and 1 more row at the bottom left to finish. So in total, 7 1/2 pages. It's so weird that when  I am closed to a finish, I just loose all the interest and continue stitching it's like a world of pain.

I also have other goal for this year, you can find it here. But DCD will be my main focus for 2014 and will be my main post of WIPocalypse 2014.

Please come back on Feb 14th for my next post of WIPocalypse to see how my commitment goes (now you scare me if you do lol)

Enjoy!!!

Gwen

15 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful piece. I look forward to seeing your progress throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it sweetie, I have every faith in you to complete it. It's looking truly beautiful so far!
    Alicia xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful piece, I'm sure you'll finish it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! I love this piece, and your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll do GREAT with your commitment this year! That is a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're going to do well with this commitment! Your progress so far is amazing and now you just need to picture it done! (I always find the last 10% of a cross-stitching project to be a slog.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Thanks! I love the phrase. Yes, picture it done :D

      Delete
  7. I found your blog on the WIPocalypse check-in page. Dandelion Clock Dance looks amazing. You've gotten so much done in just the last couple months. Pretty soon you'll just have to pick which HAED you will start next, when you finish this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. Thanks so much for your encouragement. Yes, that's the goal!

      Delete
  8. Your HAED looks wonderful! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete